WLW Meeting Halloween Special – 27/10/2015
This week was our Halloween special which means scary stories, scarier ‘nick’ names and Halloween cakes and biscuits. There were twelve tales in all and you’ll find them all below the break!
This Week’s Stories
The stories were selected by a random process by pulling names out of the Pumpkin of Peril (an orange bucket with a picture of a pumpkin on the side of it Stephen had purchased in Sainsburys for 50p). This is the order the names were drawn out:
- Bonfire on Halloween by Norman
- Halloween Night by Alison
- The Scream by Susi
- Booeyman Blues by Elizabeth
- Senga’s Halloween (narrated by you know who!) by Eric
- Halloween, a poem by Chris
- Blood Sucking Boss by Stephen
- Remember Remember by Jenifer
- Hippy Halloween by Winnie
- Dear Brother Ghost by Shelby
- To Be or Not To Be by Ian
- Halloween Tale by Margaret
This Week’s News
Once everyone had a chance to read their Halloween tale we went over some news which included:
- First up some good news, the previous week Stephen won the Cracked Flash Fiction Competition on the 10th of October with his story Red for Oscar. You can read the story here.
- The next West Lothian Write will take place on the 20th of November at the Howden Park Centre in Livingston. This is your chance to come along and hear the best of West Lothian’s upcoming writers.
- Our final meeting of this year will be the 15th of December which will also be our last meeting of the year and so our Christmas party. We are asking folk to bring along writing that is between 500 and a 1000 words on the theme of Christmas.
- Finally, after the New Year our first meeting of 2016 will be the 5th of January so pop it in your diary