WLW Meeting – 24/11/2015
This week saw a turn of all seven people with a whole mix of flash fiction, autobiography and even a blog post draft.
We started the meeting with some news from Anne who’d received a response from the BBC about a play she’d submitted back in 2012 with a note that said:
Just found this in a cupboard. Apologies I’m only getting back to you now
I guess you can’t win them all Anne.
This Week’s News
On Saturday there is a Life Writing workshop happening in Glasgow about using your life experiences in your own writing. The day is costs £40 and lasts from 10am till 4pm. You can find more information and book your place here.
We also have news of a different kind of submission ask. Bradley Sands is looking for strategy guides for made up computer games. He is looking for between 1000 and 5000 words.You can find out more information about Seeking Submissions for How to Win at Ultravision: A Strategy Guide for Video Games That Don’t Exist here.
For our younger members Bloody Scotland are running a crime and thriller writing master-class on the 7th of February in Edinburgh. The day is for anyone aged 18 to 25 and costs £30. You can find more information about Young and Bloody Scotland here.
This Week’s Writing
- Next Trip: Iceland to South Africa – Elizabeth M’s blg post about her next trip from Reykjavik to Cape Town
- The Cone of Doom – the next part of Eric’s comic novel. Hazel goes for a coffee where she recognises a strange man
- Any Vacancies? – Winnie’s memories of looking for a job in Edinburgh when she first started at college
- Memories – Chris’ memories about a park near his childhood home
- Mother’s Day Off – A short story from Anne. Nora’s is made for the arrival of her gran
- Another – a piece of flash fiction by Stephen. The mayor watches her city get bombed