WLW Meeting – 16/09/2014
This week saw a turn out of people eight to experience some great new writing but first the news!
This Week’s News
On the 27th of October the Start Writing Fiction course on Future Learn will be starting. This is a great wee course for anyone who is starting their writing career and even better it is FREE so check it out!
We are only three meetings away from our Halloween meeting. Along with lots of Halloween themed treats we are wanting folk to write up to 500 words on Halloween. It can scary, filled with monsters or funny, it is totally up to you. Maybe the picture on the right will inspire you!
On the 26th of September, this month’s Scottish Book Trust 50 Word Fiction competition will close. Your word has to be no more than 50 words and set on a spaceship. Good luck if you are entering.
Finally on the University of Aberdeen’s Special Collections Centre are running a flash fiction competition as a part of Book Week Scotland 2014. They are looking for stories up to 500 words inspired by one of the four images they provide. To see these images check out their website here.
This Week’s Writing
- Biography of Mother – the latest tale of Chris’ mother. Tonight we heard about how she bartered for a sewing box in an Italian Town
- They – the second part of Ian’s science fiction short story. The group that escaped the Crystal City begins to break apart.
- Don Scott What the Floozies Did – the second part of Valerie’s three part story about Don Scott. Don spends a night in a pub with his work colleagues
- Soul Rider – the latest instalment of Eric‘s Sci-Fi novel. Fiona decides to break back into the presidential palace.
- The Intergalactic Travel News – Stephen’s attempt at this month’s Scottish Book Trust 50 Word Fiction competition. What delays will the travel news reveal to those travelling around Jupiter?