WLW Meeting – 15/09/2015
Better late than never here is the notes from our last meeting. The reason for the delay? We’ve been busy selecting the work for our next anthology. More news on that shortly! Anyway we saw a great turn out of eleven people including a first time visit of Winnie. We hope you enjoyed your time Winnie and you’ll be back next time.
This Week’s News
We start with some great news. Susi has had her baby, a beautiful girl called Daisy May Moffat who has already been nicknamed Bug! Everyone at West Lothian Writers wishes both Susi and Daisy the best!
On Friday 30th & Saturday 31st October 2015 Roy MacLean is holding a creative writing workshop between 10 – 4 at The Scottish Arts Club, Rutland Square, Edinburgh. It costs £110 per person. For more information and to book your place please let us know and we’ll pass on contact details.
At this point Anne mentioned Alistair Paterson’s workshop at Kipford from the 30th of October to the 2nd of November. It costs £185. Talk to Anne for more information.
This Week’s Writing
- Edinburgh Fringe – a poem by Jenifer that describes what it is like to attend the Edinburgh Fringe in August.
- The Night The Stars Fell – the second half of a sci-fi short story by Stephen. When every star in the sky starts to fall, Donald sets out to find a falling star that he saw when he was a child
- How to ‘Out Dave Gorman’ Dave Gorman – a non fiction piece by Chris looking at famous Gorman’s around the world.
- Seline at the Airport – the return of Eric‘s comedy character. This time Seline causes trouble when queuing for check in at the airport
- The Next Month in Dharamsala – a blog post by Elizabeth M about her time in India.