WLW Meeting – 01/09/2015
This Week’s News
We’ll start with Eric whose debut novel A Clear Solution is now available for 99p on Kindle for the whole of September. If you haven’t read it yet then this is your chance. Also his short story Seline and The Seance has been entered into Inkitt: Laughable! competition. You can read and vote for it here.
Submissions for the second West Lothian Writers Anthology closes on the 15th of September so get your entries in now. Remember you need to be a member to submit! You can find out more information about the anthology, and what we are looking for here.
Last Saturday was our Conquering the Blank Page workshop with Janis Mackay. After a delayed start, the day went really well with all those who attended coming away with at least a short story. I’m sure we’ll have Janis back next year at some point.
Finally, as it is only four meeting until our Halloween Party we discussed what we’d want people to write for the evening. It was decided that we’d want up to 500 words on the topic of Halloween. This could be a story, poem, script or any other form of writing.
This Week’s Writing
- The Parcel – a short story by Sally. Rosa prepares for her Grandson to come and help her with the garden.
- The Musical Rabbit – an autobiographical short story by Margaret. While cleaning her parents house, the narrator finds and then loses her old toy rabbit.
- The Cone of Doom – the next section of Eric‘s comedy crime novel. Hazel comes home to discover someone has broken into her house.
- Adios Nervosa – the latest part of Ian’s wonderfully weird sci-fi story. Calin is sent away from the island by the fisherman.
- Dr Christie’s Pharaoh – the rest of the first chapter of Norman’s novel. At a retirement party Robert Macleod is passed over for a job.