This week saw another great turn out of eight people who all settled down to listen, and feedback on, some great stories
This Week’s News
The news this week is very similar to last week’s but we’d anything to be missed out so here we go.
Submissions are open for our second anthology and we encourage all our members to submit their work. For more information check out the Second Anthology Page on the website.
West Lothian Write will take place on the 21st of August at the Howden Park Centre. Come along to perform your work and listen to others from across the area. The night starts at 7pm and you can find more information and buy tickets here.
The day, on the 22nd of August, will be our next workshop called Conquering the Blank Page. Janis Mackay will look at the basics of creative writing. An ideal workshop for those who are just starting to write or are returning to the craft after many years. The workshop will take place between 10am till 4pm next to where we normally meet.
While we are doing the date thing, on the 5th of September is the next Woo’ver with Words in Falkirk. This is another great opportunity to perform your work to a great audience.
A couple of day later, on the 7th of September Future Learn are starting a FREE online course on Forensic Science run by Val McDermid. Anyone interested in crime writing should sign up. Elizabeth also noticed a similar workshop being run by the Forensic Institute.
This Week’s Writing
- Unwelcome Guest – a very moving short story by Jenifer
- Jill and Bill and their First Date – a short story by Margaret made up of a series of dates between Jill and Bill
- A Test to Remember – Norman takes over from Eric for a night to document Seline’s driving test. The results, are of course, very funny
- The Bitch Didn’t Do It – chapter 18 of Elizabeth’s character. Elizabeth, the novel’s main character – not the author, breaks into the police’s incident room but is caught by Riordan
- The Cone of Doom – the latest chapter of Eric‘s latest novel. Hazel and Sheila go to Pizzas & Pappas to talk about Hazel’s promotion