10One of the things this website has been known for is our Competitions and Submissions articles which thousands of people a year check out to see where they can fire off their latest story or poem. However, over the last few monthly we’ve come across a series of Flash Fiction Contest that don’t fit into our present competition listing format.
These contests are running constantly restarting every week or month depending on the competition. Also many only accepted entries over a 24 hour period making them a great challenge for those who want to test their writing ability. We’ve broken the contests down into weekly and monthly to help you choose which contests are best for you.
Please note many of these contests come from around the world – mainly America – so always check what time zone they are in so you don’t miss you.
- Ad Hoc Fiction – New prompt appears every Wednesday
- Cracked Flash Fiction – New prompt appears every Saturday
- Dually Noted Submissions – New prompt appears every Saturday
- Faber Academy – New prompt appears every Friday
- Microcosms – New prompt appears every Friday
- Micropoetry – New prompt appears every Sunday
- TSS Six Word Weekly – No prompt. Deadline midnight BST every Sunday
- The 50-Word Fiction Competition – Deadline is midnight on the 2nd Monday of the month
- 101 Fiction – Deadline 15th of each month
- 101 Words – Deadline is the 20th of each month
- The A3 Review – Deadline is the 4th Saturday of the month
- Citizen: The New Story – Deadline is the last day of the month
- Dodging The Rain – Deadline is 18th of the month
- Modern Art Competition – A winner is drawn every month and feedback is given
- Nine Muses Poetry – Deadline is 25th of each month
- Palm-sized Press – Deadline is 15th of each month
- Retreat West – Deadline is the last day of the month
- TSS Monthly 500 – Deadline is midnight BST on the last day of each month
- Write the World – Competition Opens on first day of the month
- 1000 Word Challenge – Deadline is the last day every three months
- TSS Quarterly 2000 – Deadline is the last day of each quarter